Engineering Manager, 3D Visualization
Foster City, CA
Software – Rider, Vehicle, and Fleet Operations Software
In this role, you will lead the software engineering team responsible for developing 3D interfaces and workflows for Zoox’s autonomous vehicles. These interfaces will provide a window into the “A.I. mind” and help us understand how and why decisions are made. These interfaces are central to the development & operation of the world’s first level 5 autonomous vehicle.
You will work with engineers across the entire AI stack to best visualize & interact with the world from the eyes of the robot. You will collaborate closely with a team of product managers and designers to make these interfaces elegant, intuitive and powerful. You will be hands-on with vehicle and remote operators to ensure these interfaces and workflows are effective and help us scale the fleet. You will handle complex workflows involving 3D graphical representations, streaming video, and visualization of 3-dimensional data.
- Experience leading an 5-10+ software engineers
- Experience taking ideas from inception to delivery
- Translating requirements into design elements and coherent user interfaces
- Implementing mock-ups and interaction prototypes as part of an iterative design process
- Developing a consistent and high performance 3D UI and visualization architecture capable of displaying multiple data streams
- Supporting multiple interfaces and use cases from a common set of components
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience developing UI/UX software for information-heavy applications with complex workflows
- Experience programming interactive 3D user interfaces and visualizations
- Strong knowledge of usability engineering as well as navigation, interaction, and graphic design
- 3D / Graphics experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.