Vehicle Technician II
Menlo Park, CA
Operations – Field Operations
We are looking for a vehicle technician to maintain our fleet. The vehicle technician will perform maintenance, service and contribute towards the operations of the lab. This includes scheduled service, diagnostics, repair coordination, lab space fit and function and upkeep. The vehicle technician will also be engaged in drive functions associated with test vehicles and have excellent written and verbal skills.
Individual will also be conducting drive missions on occasion. Candidate to be an excellent driver and eager to test cool gadgets. Must be honest, responsible and an outstanding communicator. Must be willing to travel locally and nationally (on occasion).
- Configure, set up, maintain, diagnose and sign off on vehicles for safe on-road useage. May need to travel locally to perform this work from time to time.
- Sync with fleet manager to ensure all vehicles are in a “ready” state for demonstration and testing requirements.
- Perform diagnostics and escalate to appropriate engineering team if required.
- Coordinate and drive repair process. Will create diagnostic test plans as team sees fit.
- Maintain service records and document quality field reports.
- Maintain shop facilities, ensure tools are in order, and workspace is in excellent working condition.
- Order shop supplies and parts
- Assist with parts inventory, location and organization
- Build an excellent service experience for internal teams and business partners
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, and shop equipment, for the servicing automobiles
- Experience and ability to tow car hauler and other large trailers to transport fleet vehicles and maintain a clean driving record
- Knowledge of CAN, wiring diagrams and soldering preferred
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair.
- 2 - 4 years technician experience
- Clean / excellent driving record
- Reliable, self-starter, roll-up-the-sleeves work ethos.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Team player
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.