Foster City, CA
Finance – Facilities
As Occupancy Planner you will be responsible for the planning, organization, and coordination of all Space Planning, Moves Adds, & Changes (MAC), asset management , vendor management and record management of Zoox facilities across a diverse and growing portfolio. Additionally, you will be responsible for lease administration including maintaining lease document archives, tracking critical lease dates and coordinating rent payments with the Finance/Accounting team.
This role is highly strategic and requires keen insight into how groups work together to maximize productivity in an ever-changing work environment. A successful candidate must be able to evaluate the needs of a wide range of company teams and make recommendations on the best utilization.
This is an opportunity for a hands-on professional to help create and refine the standards and policies for the space planning team. The Occupancy Planner will report to the Sr. Manager, Facilities and will work closely with all Zoox teams. Prior experience is required as the candidate will possess pertinent software skills, presentation skills and have the executive presence to inform and drive results. This position is located at our Foster City, California headquarters.
- Manage all MAC (Moves, Adds and Changes) and determine appropriate services to be provided by respective teams (Facilities Operations, IT, Security, external vendors, etc.)
- Oversee the move planning, budget and execution process with an outsourced vendor
- Manage and update all floor plans and seating charts as required (AutoCAD/CAFM systems)
- Review and manage the selection of new/proper CAFM software to support this function
- Maintain high-level understanding of each team’s workflow and its impact on company assets
- Develop strong relationships with department heads, managers and administrative staff to establish space requirements and final “who sits where” plans
- Create real-time occupancy reports, presentations, and provide monthly occupancy analysis reporting to effectively communicate occupancy/vacancy ratios, headcount projections and workplace conditions
- Develop short and long term space plans that help accommodate changes in headcount and space needs
- Lead monthly and/or quarterly cross-functional space utilization meetings that inform senior leadership
- Monitor and track furniture assets
- Coordinate with furniture vendors- adds, deletions or relocations, including the procurement of furniture packages as required.
- Maintain accurate archive of all lease documents
- Track key lease dates such as commencement date, rent abatement periods, extension windows/deadlines and lease termination date. Notify senior management of critical decision dates.
- Maintain log of asset information such as square footage, seating capacity and rental costs to help provide a snapshot of full portfolio for management
- Contribute information for quarterly executive report outlining significant changes to portfolio
- 5+ years of Space Planning experience in a commercial office setting.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents/drawings
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Advanced AutoCAD and Space management/CAFM software skills required
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills related to space planning and project management
- Ability to produce graphic charts and diagrams for visual display of quantitative and qualitative information
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization
- Self-directed and can balance multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Very proactive with attention to detail and the ability to develop conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Familiarization with space planning in maximum capacity situations
- Sound judgment when triaging a situation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.