Camera Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Integration
The Hardware Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various software subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform. As the Camera Integration Engineer, you will develop, characterize, and deploy the next generation of camera platforms for autonomous vehicles.
Candidates should have a solid software background and knowledge of modern camera technology and high speed data transport layers. This role is essential and fundamental throughout the entire development stage of the program to ensure that the camera intrinsics/extrinsics are well understood and will operate reliably with margin. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and technical expertise in debugging difficult physical and low-level software challenges.
- Assist the design teams in creating and evaluating new designs and concepts
- Lead camera integration efforts across multiple functional teams
- Support the day-to-day operation of the camera setup on a modern autonomous fleet
- System-level characterization of camera performance parameters
- Data and metric gathering, feeding back data to validate theories or models
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve system-level coexistence issues
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in EE, CS, Computer Systems Engineering, or related field
- Strong camera applications background with focus on Calibration and Test
- Overall knowledge of optical and physical trade-offs with modern camera hardware
- Interest in working on diverse problems that span the mechanical, electrical, and software fields
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- General problem solving skills and interest in solving tough, cross-functional issues
- Optional: Experience with Point Grey cameras and embedded firmware development
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.