Senior/Staff Software Engineer - 3D World Generation
Seattle, WA /
Software – Simulation /
The Zoox simulation team is looking for experienced software engineers to take our 3D world-generation technology to the next level. You will work closely with technical artists to improve our content pipeline and with simulation/graphics engineers to improve the runtime fidelity and performance of our 3D worlds.
Join us to improve our critical pipelines and graphics stack and to help realize safe, enjoyable autonomous driving for everyone.
- Maintain and improve our world generation pipeline and visualization
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Analyze workflows and bottlenecks in the production process and identify opportunities for automation to improve efficiency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering and art teams
- 6+ years of professional experience in relevant domains
- High proficiency in C++
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Experience with 3D game engines like Unity or Unreal
- Familiarity with AAA game assets and code pipelines
- Experience with Houdini and/or Maya
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of modern rendering techniques (e.g., Physically Based Rendering)
- Familiarity with distributed systems and cloud computing platforms
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $200,000 - $285,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.