Test Automation Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Software – Hardware Systems Integration /
The Hardware Software Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. To achieve that goal, the HWSI team is responsible for building and maintaining advanced testing frameworks for Hardware, Software and Embedded Firmware. As an Automation Engineer, you will be developing software and infrastructure to enable functional testing of vehicle components at the module level as well as the fully vehicle level. Candidates should have a solid programming background with a passion for improving efficiency and fixing difficult problems.
This role is essential and fundamental to the development and execution stages of the vehicle program, by ensuring we leverage the benefits of automation and code reuse to efficiently test our interconnected vehicle systems. The Automation Team works cross-functionally with other Zoox Software and Firmware development teams to resolve issues that arise from testing, and will be empowered to collaborate on solutions which meets program-level requirements. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, who is excited about developing new and exciting capabilities to test, characterize and debug difficult integration issues on the Zoox vehicle platform.
- Write test scripts and diagnostic software to test hardware on autonomous vehicle platforms
- Support the integration and testing of prototype hardware
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve issues observed in the field
- Develop documentation on the usage of these test frameworks for others to use
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Compute Science or Computer Science Engineering
- Proficiency developing Shell and Python scripts
- Familiarity with in Ubuntu and other UNIX systems
- Experience with Python for Lab Automation
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.