Software Engineer - Autonomous Driving Systems
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Software
The Autonomous Driving Software Integration team at Zoox is responsible for bringing together the computer science world with the automotive world in order to create an amazing product. Together with the team, you define the driving experience of the robot by engineering application software responsible for decision making, trajectory planning, and controls.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to traverse the autonomous driving compute stack and likes to take ownership of major software components. If you like to work close to the robot platform and enjoy experiencing your developed software in the robot, we would like to hear from you.
- Develop high-level decision making algorithms, e.g. how to handle complex traffic scenarios
- Optimize the trajectory planning to achieve a comfortable and smooth ride
- Utilize controls-related knowledge when designing higher level functions
- Integrate and test your developed applications in the robot
- Work in an interdisciplinary role supporting the integration of software components from all teams throughout Zoox
- Programming skills in C++
- Experience developing real-time robotics/automotive applications
- Ability to work on multiple layers of the autonomous driving compute stack
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics, automotive sensors and actuators
- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Programming skills in Python
- Knowledge of control systems (e.g. PID, model predictive controls)
- 3+ years of industry experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.