Foster City, CA
People Experience – EHS/Security
Reporting to the EHS / Security Manager, the Security Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of physical security programs to help the company keep all personnel and Zoox property safe and secure. This includes documenting standards, developing training materials, delivering training, auditing, investigations, and partnership with internal organizations in environments such as office, R&D, manufacturing, auto servicing, machine shops and hardware labs.
- Assist in the development, implementation, training and enforcement of company security policies and procedures.
- Perform incident investigations and risk assessment activities.
- Assist with regular security meetings and audits.
- Oversee badge management, including the creation and disabling of badges.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure they are meeting company standards.
- Oversee operations and developing metrics to ensure top level performance
- Assist in the management of outsourced security supplier to ensure their performance is meeting contractual requirements..
- Assist in the development and implementation of security systems for new projects
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in corporate security, law enforcement, or military operations
- Experience using access control management systems and CCTV systems
- Experience with emergency communications and escalation processes
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- Professional Security Industry Certifications such as APP, CPP, CFI, CFE, or PSP.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or a minimum of 5 years security management experience
- Honorable Discharge from any US military branch demonstrating at least 3 years of active service.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.