Electrical Engineer - Sensors
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
As our electrical engineer supporting the sensor development team, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high speed digital, low noise analog, mixed signal, and RF circuits in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements. You will apply your expertise & knowledge in electrical engineering, optics, electro-optics, electro-mechanics, and computer science to develop new products and technologies.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- System level design (including part selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and layout review)
- System level debug to identify issue root case and implement corrective actions
- Conduct integrity analysis on differential signals
- Collaborate with contract manufacturers for prototyping activities and production
- Prepare cost estimates and continually analyze design variables
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering equivalent
- Minimum of two year of professional or internship experience required
- Strong electrical engineering, analog circuits, high speed digital circuits, and power electronics fundamentals
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscope
- Working knowledge of circuit simulation tools, schematic capture, and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics, Zuken, etc.)
- Analog design, (i.e. filter, amplifier) with in-depth understanding of noise sources and signal integrity
- High Speed Digital design experience, working with high speed buses such as PCIe, SATA, Ethernet, etc.
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols: I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Lab scripting/test automation experience (LabView, MATLAB, Python)
- Experience with automotive hardware and components
- Prior design and integration experience involving high speed data communication protocols
- Power Distribution Network design and optimization
- Prior experience in delivering product from design concept phase to production release
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.