Test Manager, EE Systems & Powertrain
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering /
As our testing manager, you will lead the testing for the EE Systems and Powertrain Departments. We design and integrate cutting edge powertrain systems, ECUs and sensors which must survive electrical and environmental stresses seen in automotive environments. These systems are safety critical and are held to high reliability standards. Zoox is looking for a manager with strengths across electrical and mechanical engineering, including high voltage components for automotive applications. You should have a genuine passion for following a structured testing process and for testing components and systems to help uncover functional and durability issues.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate test campaigns and meet company milestones
- Institute effective test strategies, methodologies and processes
- Manage internal test facilities
- Develop new facilities and equipment
- Guide EE Systems and Powertrain Engineers to complete component and system level testing from development to qualification
- Grow the testing department to meet company goals and objectives
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 10+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years industry experience in a test leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in testing automotive, consumer electronics, or aerospace components
- Experience with EE lab equipment, reliability test equipment, data acquisition tools, and test automation.
- Strong Automotive EE Fundamentals
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232, and Ethernet
- Familiarity with ALM tools (Polarion preferred)
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.