Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Engineering
As the Manufacturing Controls Engineer, you should have technical knowledge and experience in controls and automation system related development tasks in high-volume manufacturing operations.
You will design, develop, implement, and debug controls/automation solutions to support manufacturing systems, such as the equipment controls, line PLC controls, safety system integration solutions, sensor/vision system integration, HMI programming, etc. The responsibilities include developing PLC and HMI programs, integrating safety related controls components, conducting electrical/automation system buy-offs, supporting plant start-up activities, etc.
- Develop all aspects of electrical controls systems for equipment and machinery:
- Investigate problems and requirements of projects, and develop cost effective solutions.
- Implement and support Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based hardware and software.
- Be responsible and work in a team for selected areas of the overall solution
- Be willing to travel moderately (20% - 30% on average) to support plant implementations, supplier interactions, or as requested by management:
Develop control system and HMI programs.
Develop and implement bench tests.
Debug control system operations.
Travel can be more intensive during plant startup support periods
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a related manufacturing industry.
- Advanced PLC and HMI programming skills with some understanding and experience with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, VB, etc.)
- Experience in safety PLC implementation and safety system integration tasks.
- Good knowledge in and understanding of government and industry controls and safety standards.
- Experience in integrating plant floor automation systems with plant IT systems.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementing / integrating SCADA solutions with automation systems.
- Experience with Siemens TIA Portal software and Siemens PLC, HMI and automation hardware platforms.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.