Vehicle Operator - Swing/Weekend Shift (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Field Operations
Vehicle Operators at Zoox are at the forefront of turning our vision into reality. As a VO, your role will be to always ensure safety, maintain vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and represent our brand as an ambassador to the public.
At Zoox, you will assist and interact with multiple teams across the company, from computer vision, infrastructure, and sound design to strategy, vehicle engineering, and ride operations. We are looking for operators who are disciplined, team players, and believe in doing whatever it takes to accomplish the mission.
Working as a VO at Zoox will give you the opportunity to learn vehicle and personnel operations. You will have a front row seat to the operational complexities of realizing autonomous mobility and the chance to contribute to the future.
We are currently hiring for operators to work during our swing and weekend shifts.
- Support vehicle operations
- Drive 4-8 hours a day with a priority on safety
- Conduct basic software operation tasks
- Support missions through a wide variety of roles in and out of vehicles
- Assist with documentation and metrics
- Provide accurate written and oral feedback to engineering teams
- Support vehicle maintenance and logistics
- Conduct daily basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
- Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent driving history and no criminal history
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience
- Military experience
This position is full-time employment with our contingent workforce partner.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.