Software Engineer - Simulation
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Software
Zoox's Simulation team is building the world's most advanced simulation engine and framework for autonomous vehicle technology. As a simulation engineer, you will collaborate closely with several other engineering teams on a variety of domains including motion planning, mapping and localization, sensor technology, computer vision, and machine learning. You will work on Zoox's advanced simulation framework developing key features including but not limited to accurate LIDAR and radar simulation, high-fidelity graphics rendering, content creation tools for realistic virtual cities, and scenario creation and execution pipelines for scalable and verifiable vehicle testing.
- Strong knowledge of C++ and experience in large code bases
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of 3D geometry and linear algebra
- Comfortable in Linux and Windows development environments
- Game engine programming experiences
- Unreal engine programming experience is a big plus
- Programming and maintenance experience on large infrastructure systems
- Publications on simulation technologies for deep learning or other vehicle systems
- Experience shipping a large product as a team (e.g. AAA game releases)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.