Software Engineer - Simulation
Foster City, CA
Software – Simulation
We're looking for Software Engineers to develop the simulation framework at Zoox. Our mission is to be able to answer the ultimate question: "Is Zoox's autonomous driving software safe?"
To achieve it, we're building a team of highly collaborative and talented people with a diverse set of expertise. If any of the below areas interest you, we'd love to chat with you!
Sim Core Architecture
- Role: Architect and develop core simulation foundations - including core simulator framework, communication framework, determinism and reproducibility, performance optimization.
- Needs: Deep expertise in C++. Experience with multi-threading, and/or distributed real-time systems.
- Best for: Architects/engineers who care about robust and elegant architecture, correctness, maintainability to deliver foundational technology to boost all Simulation efforts.
Scenario Editor GUI
- Role: Build Scenario Editor for creating precise and effective scenarios, as well as inspecting driving software during sim.
- Needs: Fluency in C++. UX design experience a plus.
- Role: Build tools for procedural scenario generation. Provide API or directly drive statistical safety analysis, exploratory testing, and fuzz testing for driving features. Research better methods to generate "interesting" new scenarios and related issues.
- Needs: Fluency in C++ and Python.
- Role: Populate the simulated roads with intelligent participants. Make simulated cars, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, etc to behave realistically by default, and tunable to create a full gamut of traffic/agent behaviors.
- Needs: Fluency in C++. Prior experience with traffic/agent systems.
3D Simulator (Sensor Simulation, Procedural Worlds, and HiL)
- Role: Develop realistic simulation for all our sensors (camera, lidar, radar, and more). Extend our procedural world generation pipeline for improved realism and performance. Optimize our 3D simulator for end-to-end driving software simulation at scale as well as hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Needs: Fluency in C++. Bonus points for experience in sensor simulation, rendering pipeline, asset pipeline, art tools, or CPU/GPU performance optimization.
- Role: Develop simulation execution and results analysis infrastructure at a massive scale.
- More Info: [Link] Software Engineer - Simulation Infrastructure
Web Front-end for Simulation Framework
- Role: Develop web front-end interfaces for simulation pipeline and tools.
- More Info: [Link] Software Engineer - Front-end: Simulation & Visualization
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.