Quality Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
San Carlos, CA /
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations /
The Quality Engineer in Advanced Hardware Manufacturing will report to the Director of Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations and have the final goal to lead the development of Quality System, methodologies, quality processes and best practices in order to guarantee the realization of high quality products in line with standards, drawings and specifications coming from internal Engineering Teams. The main focus will be on incoming material inspection, manufacturing process quality control and traceability, end of line quality check and final inspection. The candidate will:
-support the PFMEA analysis and develop the Quality plan for every new product introduction in collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering Team. Quality documentation, records, check lists will need to be defined and a proper document management system will be developed and optimized.
-work closely to the Test Engineering team to document the testing activity and to develop the end of line test process.
-work closely with Corporate Quality, Supplier Quality and other Departments Quality Organizations in order to align on common procedures and systems that need to be coherent across the Company.
-play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000 and similar).
- Lead development of Quality Planning activities from Design / Specification review, PFMEA and Control Plan development,
- Main link between Design Teams and Manufacturing Quality for hardware development components (such as Lidar, Radar, TOF, Camera, etc.) - technical expert
- Develop quality inspection plans
- Lead root cause analysis activities from prototype, production and service
- Support process improvement activities
- Support OEE improvement activities
- Responsible for creating reports to show quality status in manufacturing, service, etc.
- BS in electrical or electronics required (Master Eng. preferred)
- Min 5 years experience in manufacturing environment (automotive, semiconductor, or aerospace fields are preferred).
- Strong background and demonstrated success applying statistical methods.
- Experience in standard quality tool required (FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, PPAP, SPC etc.)
- Automotive Electronic background and understanding preferred
- Overall solid understanding of general assembly processes is required
- Ability to adapt in a fast changing dynamic environment
- Able to lead independent activities such as Root Cause analysis, process improvement, etc.
- Experience in Lidar / Radar / Sensor / Camera is desired
- Python coding or similar language desired
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.