Software Engineer - Robot Software Infrastructure
Foster City, CA /
Software – Rider, Vehicle, and Fleet Operations Software /
Zoox’s Robot Software Infrastructure team is looking for motivated software engineers who can help us bring our autonomous mobility service to production. This team is responsible for software that supports operation of our vehicles, including: High-bandwidth logging, real-time telemetry, software deployment tools for systems throughout the vehicle, operating system build, install and update for the vehicle’s primary compute system, security tooling for credential management, code signing and verification and secure boot, deep-dive debugging into unique operating system and networking problems.
In this role, you will work on software that connects networks, drivers, artificial intelligence, build systems, and web applications. A great candidate is excited about approaching problems in a broad problem space, and is mindful of how a solution to one particular problem fits within a larger system. Great candidates are comfortable working remotely, on-site, and occasionally in a vehicle.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to build consensus across many teams
- Proficiency in a language without automatic memory management (e.g., C or C++), and in a scripting language (e.g., Python or Ruby)
- Linux systems knowledge: networks, filesystems, devices, etc.
- Experience with build systems and continuous integration
- Experience with software that interfaces with hardware
- Familiarity with networking, TCP, and socket programming
- Master’s degree or above with a focus on networking, operating systems, or computer security
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.