Software Engineer - Robot Software Infrastructure
Foster City, CA
Software – Robot Software Infrastructure
The Robot Software Infrastructure team is responsible for software services that support the operation of our vehicles. This includes high bandwidth data recording, real-time telemetry, software download, imaging & updates, and vehicle diagnostics, health, and utilization tracking.
As a software engineer supporting RSI, you work on software that connects drivers, applications, artificial intelligence, and cloud applications. A great candidate has enough experience to know that hardware and other systems never behave exactly as described, and has developed a healthy “trust but verify” attitude towards inputs and outputs, and makes diagnostics & troubleshooting a first-class function. -- Great candidates are comfortable debugging remotely, or working on-site and in-vehicle when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent practical experience.
- Fluency in C or C++.
- Strong Linux systems knowledge, ideally in an embedded environment.
- Experience developing for prototype hardware platforms.
- Systems or framework level experience: building services that help interface applications & drivers.
- Experience in Python
- Experience and great intuition about web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Experience with QNX, or low powered ECUs such as micro-controllers.Familiarity with networking, TCP/IP and sockets programming and advanced networking concepts, including as implemented and applied in Linux
- MS or above, with a focus on Networking, Operating Systems, or Computer Security, or equivalent rigorous work experience
- Familiarity with basic machine learning concepts
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.