Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer
Fremont, CA /
Manufacturing Operations – Manufacturing Engineering /
The Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer will lead the development and implementation of In-Line and End-of-Line quality checks. As part of a daily routine, the Manufacturing Process Quality Engineer will interact with many different parties including Corporate Quality, Vehicle Engineering, Supplier Quality and Software.
- Conduct PFMEA for the entire vehicle assembly
- Integration of quality and functional checks into the process plan and MES
- Development and implementation of End-of-Line process
- Conduct root-cause analysis for any assembly related issues
- Implementation of control plans
- Analysis of quality data to improve the assembly and test process
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual.
- Create the procedures, instructions, and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000, and similar).
- Engineering Degree in the respective field (Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality/manufacturing engineering
- Experience with creating FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP
- Able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Process Improvement certification (Lean Six Sigma / Shainin)
- CATIA V5/V6 experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.