Data Systems Engineer
Foster City, CA
Information Technology – Compute Infrastructure
This position is on the Production Operations Team responsible for Zoox's application, compute, and storage infrastructure. This individual will work with a team of developers and other infrastructure engineers to design, implement, and maintain Zoox's global, internal, and external cloud infrastructure. A successful candidate will have strong time management and organizational skills to complement his/her technical ability.
- Design, implement, and support our internal and cloud systems
- Build scale-out storage and data systems
- Track key metrics and logs
- Design our data and storage infrastructure. Build cool stuff
- Work directly with application developers to help them choose scalable and supportable platforms
- Participate in occasional on-call rotation
- At least 10 years of experience and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Familiar with scale-out database or storage systems: Ceph (preferred), ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, Gluster, or HDFS
- Knowledge of virtual platforms: vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM
- Ability to script in any of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Experience with object storage and REST protocols: S3 or Swift
- Experience with web services: Nginx, Varnish, Apache, or HA Proxy
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.