Technical Program Manager - Hardware
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Technical Program Management /
Zoox is looking for a technical program manager to support our hardware development effort. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our engineering leaders across software, hardware, vehicle engineering, and product to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will work with engineering teams to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
Our Advanced Hardware Engineering team is in charge of designing the custom hardware that goes into Zoox’s future fleet of self-driving vehicles, and we're looking for someone who can assist our team in keeping all the circuit boards and assembly projects in order.
As with any startup, we move fast here at Zoox, and many candidates will be asked from time to time to wear many hats. We would love to hear from you if you are up for adapting to the challenges, taking on new roles as needed, and hitting deadlines. If you’re not shy about herding cats and managing chaos, then this role was made for you!
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional leaders and Finance teams to define and track resource requirements, including headcount and budget
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are ongoing within relevant engineering teams
- Set agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Experience with hardware development and manufacturing processes
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Strong track record in managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.