Simulation Engineer - Infrastructure
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Simulation
Zoox's simulation team is building the world's most advanced simulation engine and framework for autonomous vehicle technology. As a Software Engineer working on our simulation framework's back-end infrastructure, you will collaborate with other teams on a variety of domains including motion planning, mapping and localization, sensor technology, computer vision, and machine learning.
Zoox's advanced simulation framework contains key features including but not limited to accurate lidar and radar simulation, high-fidelity graphics rendering, content creation tools for realistic virtual cities, and scenario creation and execution pipelines for scalable and verifiable vehicle testing. You will work on designing, building, and maintaining our server-side code for applications while improving our platform, system, and network infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of C++ and experience in large code bases
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of 3D geometry and linear algebra
- Comfortable in Linux and Windows development environments
- Master's degree in computer science or related degree
- Experience handling large data sets
- Experience with web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.