Materials and Joint Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. You will work with the structures team within the vehicle integration team in providing correlated data and material models to represent composites, metallic structures and joints. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Develop material models for composites and adhesives for linear, fatigue and fracture mechanics to support the virtual vehicle development
- Develop material sample test procedures, and work with laboratories to execute
- Develop methods to test material damage in-situ, specifically to composites
- Support analysis of component and vehicle level assessments related to fracture and fatigue
- Work with the CAE team in improving the analysis and prediction of composite and joint behavior in various load cases
- Engage with academia to support understanding of composites mechanical behavior
- Take ownership of material and joint description as used in virtual development
- Lead material and joint sample testing
- Masters-level degree with 10+ years in Materials Engineering within automotive world
- Detailed understanding of Automotive Systems and typical failure modes
- Experience in running material tests, and material model correlation
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.