Platform Stability Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Integration
The Hardware System Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. As the Platform Stability Engineer, you will oversee the deployment of next generation compute, sensor and data networking systems for autonomous vehicles. Candidates should have a solid software/networking background as well as knowledge of lower-level hardware (PCBs).
This role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of the vehicle program, ensuring that hardware systems operate predictably at all times. We are looking for someone comfortable with working flexible hours, with excellent communication skills, and excited about being on-call as the first-responder to triage and debug difficult HW/SW integration issues.
- Assist the Hardware System Integration team in supporting various autonomous vehicle platforms
- Cross-functional work to help characterize of vehicle functionality, features and behaviors
- On-call support for autonomous vehicle missions as the first responder to new HW / SW issues
- Work with Software SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) to improve supporting infrastructure
- Data and metric gathering, feeding back data to validate theories or models
- Develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve system-level coexistence issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Compute Science or Computer Science Engineering
- Networking and Operating Systems background essential
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong experience with in Ubuntu and other UNIX systems
- Experience with reading circuit schematics and working with PCBs
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers… etc)
- Optional: Experience with RF and EMI characterization, or Mechatronics experience
Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
You will be joining a diverse group of industry leaders and makers, where team success is as important as profound individual contributions. If you are excited about solving difficult problems and the opportunity to help define what an autonomous vehicle can be, we want to hear from you!