Technical Program Manager, Sensor Integration
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a program manager, you will work cross-functionally with our engineering leaders across software, hardware, vehicle engineering, and product to drill-down our corporate strategy into tactical and detailed road maps that facilitate effective execution at each stage of our growth curve. You will work with each engineering team to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate on-going progress.
You will facilitate and support time-sensitive key strategic and tactical decisions by framing the decisions appropriately and ensuring that information is complete and clearly communicated. It is your job to ensure that all engineering groups are coordinated, understand their priorities, and are on-track to deliver on our corporate milestones on time and on budget.
- Work with hardware system owners to translate the top-down vehicle program goals and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables.
- Ensure every stakeholder understands what they need to deliver at all times.
- Define and manage process and regular meetings.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are on-going within the engineering teams.
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks.
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering hardware development, program management.
- Deep familiarity with the automotive development processes, with experience launching automotive electronics modules.
- Experience managing external, international T1 suppliers to deliver through all stages of an automotive development program.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.