Employee Relations Specialist
Foster City, CA
People Experience – People Operations
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
We believe that just as the combustion engine took society from the age of the horse and carriage to the automobile, autonomous mobility technology will take us to the next era in transportation. Our vision is to connect people and places in wonderful ways, while at the same time improving public safety and reducing harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Our goal is to imagine this future and build it today, for a safer and more sustainable tomorrow.
- Conduct investigations and address employee issues and complaints working in partnership with the People Partners and Legal to make recommendations on appropriate courses of action.
- Collaborate with HR partners and Legal team to analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations.
- Assess employment risk in coordination with HR leadership and Legal based on current regulatory landscape and anticipated changes.
- Ensure cases are handled fairly and consistently in a timely fashion, and in line with company values and applicable laws.
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback, and conduct and oversee employee relations.
- Analyze ER trends to develop solutions and strategies and make recommendations based on ER related data.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of Employee Relations/Human Resources managing investigations
- Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of ER, labor relations, federal, state and local laws that govern employment practices
- Deep understanding of FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other employment-related state and federal laws & regulations
- Self-starter who can manage with limited supervision and direction as this person can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.