Vehicle Security Engineer
Foster City, CA
Software – Product Security
As a member of the vehicle security team at Zoox, you will be responsible for designing and developing security-related functionality for vehicle software systems and associated infrastructure. We are looking for individuals with a stellar software engineering background, and strong experience in computer security. If your joy in finding system vulnerabilities is only surpassed by the joy of building systems that are, by design, immune to those vulnerabilities, we should talk.
Examples include designing and implementing secure boot and network authentication schemes across compute modules of varied capabilities; building and supporting binary artifact signing infrastructure; conceiving Identity and Access Management (IAM) schemes for end users, operations personnel and embedded modules; a Key Management System (KMS) that works across vehicles and cloud infrastructure; vehicle attack surface analysis and mitigation; secure software development practices and analysis.
- Design and build cryptography-powered infrastructure for autonomous vehicles
- Design and implement system security features for vehicle compute platforms and networks
- Design and build cryptographic services that bridge vehicle and cloud/infrastructure systems
- Keep up-to-date with vehicle security innovation and the evolving threat landscape
- Strong experience with OS (Linux) and network security
- Strong working experience with cryptography
- Broad knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities across many types of computer systems, general purpose as well as embedded
- Experience programming in multiple languages, with expert-level knowledge in some (C++, C, Python); understanding of secure software development and human factors
- Be a creative team player
- Knowledge of car security is a plus
- Education: Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.