Software Engineer - Simulation Infrastructure
Foster City, CA /
Software – Simulation /
Zoox's Simulation team is looking for senior (5+ years) software engineers to build scalable simulation infrastructure so we can know for sure our autonomous vehicles will be safe, capable, and comfortable.
- Owner of the simulation pipeline, responsible for scaling up processing flow to meet the rapid simulation volume growth
- Partner with internal teams and evolve simulation platform tech to empower teams to self serve their own simulation metrics needs
- Develop tools supporting self-service simulation pipeline management (similar to ETL)
- UNIX/LINUX knowledge and shell scripting
- Proficient with software engineering best practices (monitoring, testing, documentation)
- Working knowledge of relational, NoSQL databases
- Experienced in designing, building and operating robust distributed systems (Restful or RPC)
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Good communicator, shows initiative, works well with stakeholders
- Data Modeling Experience
- Solid ETL experience and Hadoop/Spark/Hive/Impala/Presto experience
- Experienced in real-time data ingestion (Kafka, Flink)
- Experienced in CI/CD, DevOps with AWS and/or Kubernetes
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.