Software Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics and Controls
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Software
Zoox is transitioning from a world of human operated vehicles to a world of autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will not only support existing methods of autonomous vehicle control, but also explore new dynamics and controls frameworks possible when unconstrained by a human driver. This work will begin in simulation, progress to on-vehicle testing, and lead to algorithmic choices in a production system. We’re looking for an engineer experienced controlling real vehicles and ready to explore new possibilities.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in vehicle dynamics and control or related field
- Fluency in Python
- Mastery of controls algorithms deployed in real systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute test plans providing focused results
- Experience with modern C++11
- Interested in production implementation
- Experience working with automotive suppliers
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.