Firmware Tools, Software Engineering Internship/Co-op
Foster City or San Diego, CA
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
Zoox is looking for a software engineering intern to join our Firmware Tools team. In this role, you will write software to help integrate internal and external tools for automated firmware prototyping, development, testing and integration. This role requires someone passionate about automation using both existing test frameworks, as well as developing new ones. The ideal candidate is interested in gaining experience developing cross-platform software with continuous integration and deployment techniques in a team environment.
About the Team
The Firmware Tools team designs and develops automated processes and tools to support on-vehicle firmware development and testing. Many projects are short term, allowing each developer to follow projects through their full life cycles while still jumping into a multitude of opportunities. On the Firmware Tools team, we utilize a variety of Python libraries. Many of our tools utilize multiprocessing and multithreading to provide performant software to test firmware using HIL and SIL test frameworks. Additionally, we support testing of on-vehicle communications, including CAN, LIN and pub/sub protocols.
- Develop software for an automated validation framework, supporting continuous integration (CI) and nightly tests
- Research, design, develop and maintain software tools for development and validation
- Propose tool and/or feature ideas to the team to improve processes
- Integrate tester software systems with server infrastructure
- Design and implement automated test framework optimizations
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements:
- Working towards a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar discipline
- Object-oriented programming experience (Python or C++ preferred)
- Experience building cross-platform software with source control (Git)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- CI and build systems (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
- Python libraries (e.g. pybind, pytest, pandas, python-can, plotly, matplotlib, etc.)
- HIL and/or SIL Test Frameworks
- Communication protocols (e.g. CAN, LIN, pub/sub)
- Multiprocessing and multithreading
- Basic knowledge of C++
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.