Systems Engineer - Process Assurance
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – System Design
As a systems engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the functional safety and system design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
- Collaborate with hardware (EE/ME) and software engineers to ensure implementation meets desired safety levels
- Drive and document quantitative and qualitative functional safety processes (e.g., HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs, FMEDAs) and conduct cross-functional reviews of requirements and test cases
- Develop and maintain safety assurance processes, test cases, and review black box integration test data
- Review deliverables from 3rd party suppliers to ensure safety requirements are met
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on systems level design and validation
- Experience with product development cycle management from concept to product manufacturing and deployment
- Analytical skills and passion for writing clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Experience with implementation of process assurance protocols
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
- Familiarity with test and validation including HW in the loop
- Basic programming skills (e.g., scripting for data analysis)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.