Mechanical Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
As our mechanical test engineer you will be responsible for developing, documenting and executing mechanical component, assembly, and system-level testing. You will be responsible for establishing system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional mechanical test engineer.
- Perform first article verification of prototype designs
- Develop detailed test algorithms, test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems, test fixtures, and data depository to support prototype and production testing
- Analyze test results, work with design team to identify test failure root cause, implement and verify corrective actions and solution effectiveness
- Set up lab test infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering + 2 years industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in testing automotive components, mechanical subsystems or assembly
- Shock, vibration, thermal test and analysis experience
- Experience in prototype design, verification test, reliability test, and design margin test
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in mechanical system design preferred
- Prior experience in National Instruments and Keysight test platforms preferred
- Experience in developing highly scalable and automated test platform
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.