Mechanical Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
As our mechanical test engineer you will be responsible for developing, documenting and executing component, assembly, and system-level testing. You will be responsible for establishing system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional mechanical test engineer.
- Develop test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems, test fixtures, and data depository to support prototype and production testing
- Analyze test results, work with design teams to identify test failure root cause, implement and verify corrective actions and solution effectiveness
- Setup and run tests on compute and sensory hardware
- Write detailed test plans and test procedures
- Hold test design reviews, test readiness reviews, data reviews
- Work collaboratively with design engineers and project managers to plan and execute component test campaigns
- Analyze and post-process data to visualize and present to stakeholders
- Design and fabricate test fixtures for use in development and qualification testing
- Procure and operate test equipment to simulate environmental conditions of road vehicles
- Design and perform experiments to collect field data to measure vehicle environments
- Engage with mechanical design teams at early stages of development to plan validation efforts with respect to temperature, dynamic environments, and ingress protection.
- Collaborate with production test teams to help develop acceptance test plans and end of line test equipment
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering + 2 years industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in testing automotive, consumer electronics, or aerospace components
- Experience in CAD software (CATIA or 3DExperience preferred)
- Shock, vibration, thermal, and IP test experience
- Familiarity with basic thermal and modal analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5 GD&T and comfort in drafting engineering drawings
- Prior experience in National Instruments and Keysight test platforms preferred
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.