Senior Cost Engineering Manager
Foster City, CA
Operations – Finance
The Senior Cost Engineering Manager at Zoox will provide guidance to the Vehicle Engineering team for proposed new or modified designs to achieve required function at an affordable cost. An ideal candidate should combine outstanding quantitative skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team. They should be rigorous, pragmatic, details focused and on-the-ground solution oriented.
- Develop cost estimates and projections for multiple vehicle commodities; Exterior, Interior, Powertrain, Chassis and Electrical.
- Utilize information ranging from written assumptions, sample parts, CAD models and engineering drawings.
- Determine the allowable cost for new or modified designs, supporting Procurement in negotiation with suppliers.
- Support the Vehicle Development teams to determine low volume production tooling strategies. For example, production ramp up will be progressive over a number of months, establish a strategy to secure early volumes with a limited set of production tools, expanding later to match the ramp up.
- Gather details and compile data to estimate all production costs considering raw materials, labour, equipment, tooling, for estimations.
- Ability to prioritize work, focusing on high value systems initially and building a small team to gain granularity over time.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Systems Engineering, Engineering Management or similar
- 5+ of automotive-related experience, in a Cost Engineering role.
- Ability to read and understand design and manufacturing drawings.
- Ability to evaluate and provide cost data on components in their commodity including direct material, direct labour and tooling costs.
- Practical knowledge of VE and VA techniques and strong financial awareness.
- Ability to navigate CAD models in CATIA, 3DX ideally.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.