Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
We are looking for a dynamic, analytical, and innovative person who enjoys being challenged and is driven to deliver creative solutions. To be successful in this role it is important that you are a team player with the ability to motivate your colleagues and have the skills to communicate at all levels of the organization. The package engineer uses their extensive knowledge and experience to lead the geometric integration of vehicle architecture and concepts across the development units, product design, and manufacturing. They should also secure the delivery of the correct concept maturity at the applicable milestones which are then finalized at final data sign off with respect to complete vehicle geometric integration ensuring product target balancing is met.
- Conducting concept / package feasibility studies, creating pre-requisites and set-up criteria
- Ensuring the vehicle concepts and geometry complies with the appropriate homologation, product, and manufacturing requirements
- Developing and balancing of technical input with the R&D and design teams
- Taking a leading role in identifying solutions to cross-functional issues and driving them through to a balanced resolution
- Performing applicable competitor benchmark analysis and definition of best practice tools and methods
- Management of applicable working level forums, reporting status into the organization, and supporting the product development plan deliverables
- OEM experience in a complete vehicle engineering role as well as in other areas i.e. chassis, power train, or structure development
- Knowledge of legal / customer driven requirements and the utilization of these and complete vehicle attributes to realize vehicle synergies
- Knowledge manufacturing and technology trends
- Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely
- Flexible, committed, and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time
- Experience of supplier/customer interaction
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
- Good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel
- Good knowledge of CATIA V5, 3DX, Clash analysis tools.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- BEng/MEng preferred.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.