Technical Program Manager, Vehicle Engineering
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be supporting multiple mechatronics, powertrain and charging infrastructure programs and interfacing both with internal teams and external resources and suppliers, primarily from a hardware perspective. You will work with engineering leaders across hardware, software, product, IT, infrastructure, procurement, finance, and vehicle engineering to satisfy and drive to completion the set of comprehensive deliverables for each of the programs. You will work closely with the vehicle engineering team and various suppliers to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate on-going progress to the exec team.
If you are excited about tackling challenging problems and guiding the team to success, we want to hear from you!
- Create and track open issues with engineering team.
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified while proactively ensuring that risk mitigating actions are on-going within the engineering teams.
- Work with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to drive open questions or issues to closure.
- Interface with suppliers and contract manufacturers and align on expectations and needs in order to deliver on time.
- Develop appropriate program schedules based on key company milestones and ensure that both internal/external resources remain on track.
- Define scope of work and engage with finance and procurement to ensure deliverables are to specification while maintaining a lean budget.
- Monitor development progress and report on status.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, as well as present to exec team.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting.
- Experience with hardware development and manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs).
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build excellent working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments.
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.