Electrical Integration Engineer
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
As an Electrical Integration Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build and test prototype robotic systems in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements. We are seeking a motivated, curious, and passionate engineer for this leadership position. You will be responsible for executing early prototyping builds, automating testing and calibration of our compute systems. You will apply your expertise and knowledge in electrical engineering, robotics, automotive, and computer science to mature our designs.
In this role, the Electrical Integration Engineer will convert product performance specifications into a workable test solution. The candidate will participate in creating automated and manual test plans, perform hands-on device measurements, product characterization and optimization. Candidate will analyze and present data reviews which will serve as a basis for product release.
- Prototype bring-up and debugging, including product characterization, and validation. Supporting the introduction of new hardware through the development of production test, inspection procedures, and supporting equipment.
- Development and negotiation of requirements to ensure product performance and reliability.
- Acceptance Testing: To provide every item shipped was checked for critical functions
- Burn-In Testing: To weed out subsystem defects
- Test Automation: To reduce test time and achieve repeatable results
- Manufacturing Data Analysis: Identify trends over time and batch variations
- Failure Analysis: Deep dive to figure out the root cause and feed it back to manufacturing or design
- You will work with product development and manufacturing engineers across the company to build next-generation compute hardware deployed in our vehicles. You will have a direct impact on our ability to deliver reliability improvements for our fleet.
- Analyze manufacturing yield issues and field failures to determine hardware test coverage. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and to define manufacturing test strategy for new products.
- Perform failure analyses as needed, participate in continuous improvements in product manufacturability and characterization.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development to enhance manufacturability and control product cost.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to improve assembly and testing techniques.
5+ years’ experience as a System Integration Engineer supporting early prototype development.
BS Degree in Electrical, Computer, or System Engineering.
Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with product assembly in a low volume environment
Experience with design and implementation of manufacturing fixtures, Lab Equipment; and Metrology
Design and/or process verification, validation, and testing.
Experience justifying and implementing automate test processes.
Hardware validation and debug
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.