Test Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
San Carlos, CA /
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations /
Zoox is looking for a test engineer to be responsible for the testing and test platform design of our autonomous vehicle platform's sensor and compute architecture. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of manufacturing functional tests for PCBAs, subassemblies, and fully-assembled products. You will work cross-functionally with our electrical engineering, optics, electro-optics, electro-mechanics, and computer science teams to develop and test our new products and technologies.
- Develop, document, and execute electronic board and system-level testing
- Develop test algorithms, automated test scripts, data acquisition, and measurement systems, test fixtures, and data repository to support prototype and production testing with a focus on repeatability and reliability
- Establish system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance
- Analyze test results, manufacturing yield issues, and field failures. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and to define manufacturing test strategy for new products
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to expand testing capacity
- Set up lab test infrastructure and coordinate facility installations
- Participate in overall EE board-level design, development, and review work
- Perform first article verification of prototype designs
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or equivalent technical degree
- 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in computer architecture, assembly, and test methods
- Experience in developing highly-scalable and automated test platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits down to the component level
- Python and/or C++ programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or equivalent technical degree
- Experience working in and developing scripts in Linux
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
- Experience working with automotive communications, such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
- Familiarity with automotive testing standards
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.