Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a member of the Body and Exterior Systems team, you will have the opportunity to come on board at the start of the development of the next generation of mobility vehicles. As the Body Closures Engineer you will work on glazings, door structures, roof systems, sealing and the integration of these systems into an brand new vehicle architecture.
As an individual, or as the lead, you will work to ensure successful delivery of systems and assemblies, from conception through to start of production. Crucial to this success will be driving and managing key relationships with Zoox’s supplier network while Zoox maintains a lean and agile cross functional team in-house. You will use your knowledge to direct the technical effort, your expertise to ground the team and your excellent communication and inter-personal skills to motivate and lead as we take a new path to redefine a traditional and well established industry.
- Define requirements, specifications of closure systems
- Establish closure system architecture
- Undertake feasibility and prototype testing of novel closure solutions
- Conceptualize, design, engineer and release, develop and launch closure systems and components
- Validate performance of closure systems
- Engage and inform the studio engineering process from the point of view of closure systems
- Support material and manufacturing process decisions
- Manage and collaborate with key suppliers
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering equivalent or higher
- Five years minimum experience in automotive closure design and development
- Successful delivery of a production product in one or more of the closures systems
- Knowledge of automotive body closure materials and manufacturing processes, specifically advanced lightweight, recyclable and sustainable materials, composites preferred
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 within a product development environment
- Experience in engineering best practices including design for six sigma (DFSS)
- Ability to implement GD&T and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP’s and PVP’s, APQP and other technical and quality assurance processes
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.