Embedded Software Engineer - Body Systems
Foster City, CA /
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
Zoox is looking for an embedded software engineer to join our Firmware Body Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for embedded software development for the body, thermal, lighting, and power management functions and sub-systems of the Zoox vehicle. This includes integration of supplier systems, coordination and control of all body sub-systems, and interactions with higher-level systems. You will work closely with vehicle engineers, systems engineers, controls engineers, software engineers, and suppliers to create a seamless and highly automated rider experience for the Zoox vehicle. We are looking for people who are passionate about working with hardware and developing production-quality code for complex dynamic systems.
- Design, develop, and test embedded software for body, thermal, lighting, and power management functions of the Zoox vehicle
- Integrate supplier sub-systems into the Zoox software stack
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Work cross-functionally with vehicle engineers, controls engineers, software engineers, validation engineers, and other experts to ensure a seamless and highly-automated experience for the Zoox vehicle
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing real time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- Strong embedded C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with embedded micro-controllers and/or microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Understanding of sensors and actuators and automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN)
- Basic knowledge of control systems for electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with CAN, LIN analysis, and debugging tools (PCAN, CANalyzer, CANape, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with hardware bringup and system debugging
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.