Senior CAE Engineer, Vehicle Durability
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering /
At Zoox, we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual durability development you will work in predicting where the vehicle is within its lifespan, and providing maintenance scenarios and optimization strategies.
- You will lead the CAE structures durability development in close collaboration with the durability attribute lead, project and engineering teams.
- You will build and maintain up-to-date CAE durability models to support virtual vehicle sign-off.
- You will lead virtual DVPs, generate concise reporting and execute design countermeasures according to the engineering process.
- You will support vehicle dynamics in generating vRLD from MBD models and vehicle test data.
- You will develop elegant solutions for the challenges faced in durability using CAE sub-models, hand calculations, engineering knowledge and component tests.
- You will report out at key project gateways and support issue escalation.
- You will lead and support the structural correlation virtual to physical.
- You will drive the use of optimization tools, balancing performance, weight and cost targets.
- You will ensure virtual tools, documentation, methodologies and correlation are in place continuously improving virtual predictive quality of durability and fatigue simulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Expert knowledge of ANSA, NASTRAN, OPTISTRUCT, nCode
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Background in Vehicle CAE performance development preferred
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.