Software Engineer - Computer Vision
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Software
In this role, you will help us build novel architectures for classifying and understanding the complex and dynamic environments in our cities. You will have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms. We are creating new algorithms for segmentation, tracking, classification, and high-level scene understanding, and you could work on any (or all!) of these components.
We're looking for engineers with advanced degrees and experience building perception pipelines that work with real data in rapidly changing and uncertain environments.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Fluency in C / C++
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Demonstrated ability to create functional realtime systems that solve difficult perception tasks
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Strong mathematics skills and understanding of probabilistic techniques
- Experience with autonomous robots/robotics
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. lidar, camera, radar)
- Experience with novel pipelines and architectures for convolutional neural nets
- Experience with 3D data and representations (pointclouds, meshes, etc.)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.