Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Engineering
As our Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, developing, and improving our manufacturing and production lines. You will be responsible for helping us transition towards being a more production-ready company.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Implement manufacturing assembly and test process flows
- Spearhead manufacturing design discussions to align team on proposed process flows and test procedures
- Select fixture design components to optimize assembly and alignment functions
- Manage manufacturing partners to oversee assembly line (automation, fixtures, workstations, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent hands-on experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing process engineering for product assembly, tooling, fixtures, and automation
- Experience with automation development, CNC machined parts, fixture design, adhesives and dispensing systems, etc.
- Mechanical and manufacturing process engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.