Manager - Body Systems Firmware
Foster City, CA
Software – Firmware
The Firmware Body Systems team is responsible for embedded software development for the body, thermal, lighting, and power management functions and sub-systems of the Zoox vehicle. This includes integration of supplier systems, coordination and control of all body sub-systems, and interactions with higher level systems. In this management role you will be responsible for building and leading this team, managing the teams priorities and roadmap, and working closely with vehicle engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, and suppliers to deliver highly cross-functional projects. We are looking for someone with a strong embedded software background who is experienced building teams and is highly motivated to create a seamless and highly automated rider experience for the Zoox vehicle.
- Lead the team responsible for developing embedded software for body, thermal, and power management functions of the Zoox vehicle
- Recruit and train talented engineers to build a world-class team
- Own projects through all phases of the software development cycle including concept, prototyping, requirements, design, implementation, validation, and maintenance
- Engage and collaborate cross-functionally with vehicle engineering, software engineering, suppliers, and other experts to deliver a seamless and highly automated experience for the Zoox vehicle
- Manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work with upper management and product to establish development roadmap and initiatives
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience developing real-time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- 4+ years engineering management experience though at least one full product development cycle
- Excellent leadership, teamwork , communication, project management, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to function as a technical contributor while managing a team
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Understanding of automotive systems and automotive communication protocols (Eth, CAN, LIN)
- Knowledge of control for electro-mechanical systems
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.