Foster City, CA
Software – Simulation
As an intern on the Simulation team you will build simulation framework to validate and improve the autonomous driving software. Your work will directly impact the productivity and quality of the entire driving software stack, and will ensure our Zoox mobility service is safe and comfortable for everyone.
We work together as a team and with teams across the company, on many interesting challenges that require diverse skillsets and backgrounds. We are interested in diverse skill sets and experiences ranging from but not limited to full-stack web development to game industry experience to scalable data backend expertise and more.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors (graduating no later than 2021)
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum of 1 previous industry experience
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Fluency in C++ and Python
- Experience with Go and JS
- Experience with front-end / GUI tools
- Experience in large code bases
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.