Senior Regional Policy Manager
Foster City, CA /
Safety, Policy, and Regulatory Affairs – Safety, Policy, and Regulatory Affairs /
The Safety, Policy, and Regulatory Team at Zoox is a cross-functional organization, responsible for advancing Zoox's public policy and regulatory goals and creating a proactive safety culture across the company. The Senior Regional Policy Manager will lead a critical independent policy initiative focused on regional and state efforts while supporting the team’s diverse ongoing policy and safety activities.
- Engage directly with state policymakers, regulators, industry stakeholders, and key opinion leaders to shape policy and political dialogue
- Track current and emerging political activity at the state level while developing and executing Zoox policy strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with state elected officials, their staff, regulators, and other key external stakeholders
- Work closely with other teams at Zoox to ensure up to date knowledge of company plans and reporting policy/political developments with analysis
- Manage state consultant relationships and represent Zoox in state and industry trade associations as needed
- 6+ years of public policy experience within government and/or relevant nonprofit, public interest group, company, or industry association
- Skilled and experienced at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
- Deep knowledge of State legislative dynamics and decision makers and an expansive political network
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Degree (J.D., MBA, MPP, etc.)
- 3+ years working on transportation policy
- Experience working on policy related to new technology development and deployments
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.