Manager, Quality Engineering - Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations /
Zoox is building the quality team that will take our first-in-class autonomous robot from development to commercialization. As The Manager, Quality Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations quality team members and ensuring that we have the right metrics, processes, and team to meet quality expectations for the assembly of our sensor suite and compute hardware.
- You will manage the daily activities of the receiving inspection and production quality audit & factory gate teams – including goal setting, performance management, and professional development of team members
- You will define, collect, and report the key performance indicators to drive improvements in build quality for the Zoox L3 & L5 fleet vehicles
- You will manage quality issue tracking and drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for the production support quality team
- You will lead continuous improvement efforts to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of production quality support team processes
- You will partner with manufacturing and supplier quality teams to identify opportunities for performance improvement and escalate to senior management as necessary to achieve success
- You will collaborate with other members of the quality team to develop key quality specifications and procedures
- Experience managing a team of quality engineers and technicians in development and production environments
- Experience with quality issues and inventory management systems (such as JIRA and SAP)
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing quality root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions
- Demonstrated experience driving quality initiatives and successfully delivering desired quality outcomes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- At least 10 years of experience in quality engineering
- Automotive experience at the OEM or Tier I level
- Experience in start-up/product launch activities
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $167,000 to $277,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.