Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Electrical Engineering
As a systems engineer in Advanced Hardware Engineering (AHE), you will be responsible for developing and documenting component requirements for sensor, computer, and control modules. You will interface with departments across Zoox to develop a system level understanding of how the AHE hardware will enable critical operational functions. You will work closely with design, analysis, manufacturing, and test engineers to ensure that requirements are verified throughout the engineering development process. Your assessments will be critical to meet milestones as we develop new generations of hardware.
- Engage with product, engineering, production, safety, and business departments to iteratively build requirements
- Document requirements and ensure traceability across specifications and tests
- Work with test engineers to execute HIL fault injection tests on electronic modules
- Coordinate with program management to develop long term hardware development plans for new generations of hardware
- Review and approve architecture proposals and design verification plans
- Be a primary point of contact with joint development manufacturers and coordinate external product development relations
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative functional safety activities that lead to development of
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARAs) or Functional Hazard Analysis (FHAs)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTAs)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs)
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on systems level design and validation
- Experience with product development cycle management from concept to product manufacturing and deployment
- Analytical skills and passion for writing clear, concise, and verifiable requirementsSystem development experience within standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- Experience with automotive compute and/or control systems
- Experience with camera, radar, or lidar systems on vehicles
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.