Vehicle Durability Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual and physical durability development you will work in predicting where the vehicle is within its lifespan, and providing maintenance scenarios and optimization strategies. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Lead the definition of vehicle-level targets for vehicle life together with internal stakeholders and cascade those targets to the Vehicle System teams
- Lead virtual and physical durability development of the complete vehicle, including collecting load data and developing test profiles
- Lead physical durability and misuse testing of the complete vehicle
- Coordinate reporting of issues to the engineering organization and follow up with countermeasures
- Generate virtual analysis engineering reports
- Support development of virtual testing capabilities
- Report out at project gateways
- Masters-level degree with 10+ years hands on experience in Durability Engineering
- Detailed understanding of Automotive Systems and typical failure modes
- Experience running physical durability tests
- Personable with the ability to lead and coach a high caliber engineering team toward world class levels of reliability/dependability
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.