Technician, EE Systems Integration Lab
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering /
As part of the EE Systems Integration team, we will collectively be responsible for assuring that electrical, electronic, and mechatronic systems are defined, specified, manufactured and integrated into systems and vehicles with a maximum of reliability and performance. We foster communication amongst teams and work cross-functionally to deliver robust electrical and electronic systems to Zoox. Our team is collaborative, open and always interested in learning something new. You’ll be part of a passionate team dedicated to making cities safer, smarter and more sustainable.
In the EE Systems Integration Lab, you will work with a high-performance team at the cutting edge of integrating our complex electrical systems. You will design, procure and build test bucks and robots with visible craftsmanship and deep pride in the end product. You will work with system owners, firmware developers, test engineers and other technicians to bring the test assets to life. Life isn’t perfect though, problems will happen and you will help to root cause and understand them and make Zoox’ product better.
- You will fabricate and assemble test fixtures from CAD and drawings
- You will fabricate and pin out wiring harnesses from schematic
- You will troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical issues
- You will assemble electro-mechanical systems and test fixtures
- You will perform tests on hardware-in-the-loop electrical systems
- You will work with test requesters to assure successful performance evaluations
- AA or higher in electrical/electronics technology, or equivalent
- Experience assembling and testing electro-mechanical systems
- Experience reading schematics and assembling or repairing wiring harnesses
- Experience with EE lab equipment (Digital Multimeters, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Previous experience diagnosing CAN or ethernet network issues
- Experience with automotive high voltage systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.