Software Engineer - Motion Planning Productization
Foster City, CA
Software – Motion Planning & Control
Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to traverse the autonomous driving compute stack and is passionate about taking a concept all the way into production. If you like to make solutions more robust and enjoy productizing new technologies, we would like to hear from you.
- 3+ years hands on experience shipping complex robotic products
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science, mechanical engineering or a related field
- Ability to build robust software architectures and test environments
- Programming skills in C++
- Ability to work on multiple layers of the autonomous driving compute stack
- Embedded software development experience
- Experience developing safety critical software
- Experience with writing functional requirements driven code and familiar with formal verification & validation techniques
- Familiarity with Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) and/or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience with existing ADAS technologies, including adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane-following, automated lane changing.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.