Software Engineer - GPU Compute
Foster City, CA
Software – Software Architecture
Zoox's autonomous driving software team is building the world's most advanced self-driving software system. As a GPU software engineers you will work closely with experts in motion planning, localization, perception, and machine learning. You will work across our automation stack building optimized GPU kernels for everything ranging from neural network processing to geometric reasoning.
- Strong knowledge of C++ and experience in large code bases
- Strong knowledge of CUDA as applied to recent GPU microarchitectures (e.g., Volta, Turing)
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of 3D geometry and linear algebra
- Experiencing debugging and optimizing GPU kernels using tools like nvprof and the Visual Profiler
- Comfortable in Linux development environments
- GPU kernel development experience in a firm/hard real-time environment
- Experience with PTX-level programming
- Experience with CPU SIMD instructions (e.g., AVX intrinsics)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.