Senior Manager, UX Research
Foster City, CA
Product & Experience – UI/UX Design
Zoox is developing the next generation of mobility - fully autonomous electric vehicles, designed from the ground up to move beyond our concept of cars, and provide an unprecedented experience for passengers and cities. A service to help shift society away from single-vehicle ownership, toward a shared, autonomous, electric transportation platform.
We are growing a team of exceptional talents to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our lives, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch.
As Zoox’s Senior Manager of UX Research, you will represent the voice of the customer at Zoox. You will work across the org to define and drive our user research and testing efforts, to provide valuable and actionable insights. You will grow and lead a team of researchers, champion a human-centered design culture, design delightful and impactful experiences that solve real needs, and help improve people’s lives.
- Manage and mentor a growing team of UX researchers
- Drive the strategy for User Research at Zoox
- Organize and conduct a range of research studies using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Champion a Human-Centered design culture across the company
- Establish research best practices and design standard
- Represent the voice of the customer
- Organize and perform field studies in different markets
- Coach team members to improve performance and raise the quality of the work
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to shape designs and inform product roadmap
- Proactive in defining research opportunities throughout the company
- Align research goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Manage research vendors, participants, schedules and other logistical elements
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- 10+ years of relevant user research experience in a commercial organization
- 5+ years leading, coaching or managing individuals contributors
- Experience working with digital and physical products
- Experience organizing and conducting field studies
- Strong expertise in understanding the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies, and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction
- Experience working in Automotive
- Experience working with AI or Robotics a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.