Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
We are looking for a dynamic, analytical, and innovative person who enjoys being challenged and is driven to deliver creative solutions. To be successful in this role it is important that you are a team player with the ability to motivate your colleagues and have the skills to communicate at all levels of the organization.
Dimensional and perceived quality Engineer - Vehicle Integration / Geometric Integration.
- The Dimension engineer uses their extensive knowledge and experience to define and lead in the execution of complete vehicle GD&T across the development systems, industrial design, and Manufacturing.
- The Dimension Engineer shall secure the delivery of the correct concept maturity at the applicable milestones, ensuring product targets are best practice, balanced, and executed.
- Provide applicable specifications and targets to all stakeholders.
- Identifies and resolves dimensional management issues.
- Reporting status into the organisation and leading applicable working forums and virtual reviews
- Perform statistical analysis using applicable simulation software.
- Define gap and flush requirements for Industrial design math data execution.
- Monitor design and production execution.
- Develop and improve dimensional systems and strategies.
- Validate system and component GD&T is compatible with the complete vehicle strategy.
- A master of science within mechanical engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years in dimensional management.
- Create and execute dimensioning and tolerancing specifications meeting all applicable standards.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and process control.
- Good knowledge of Variation Simulation Analysis tools.
- Knowledge of measurement systems and manufacturing processes.
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel.
- Good knowledge of CATIA V5, CATIA V6 would be an advantage, and visualization software.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.